Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jaisa filmo mein hota hai, ho raha hai hubahoo


One of my friends recently got heartbreak. She was distressed and came to me to tear open her heart. She talked, talked, talked and talked. All I could decide that moment was to give her a listening ear. When she had vomited out all hatred, anger and pain, a silence dawned. But this was not the joyful silence. With an intention to make the atmosphere light, I could somehow manage to pull out certain words from my tongue. I told her a funny incident of my life. Once my little nephew (when he was still much little) came to me and said, “Di, I am in love with you. Will you me mine for the next few lifetimes”. I was totally wonder struck, and could only laugh at the innocence of the heart from which those words were coming. I kept laughing, laughing and laughing. After a couple of days I and my nephew had a good fight. I refused to join him in a football game, and he said, “Di, tum toh ho hi meri dushman. Tumse to meri khushi bardasht hi nahi hoti(The line loses its essence when translated! But still…Di, you have enmity with me for sure, and you cannot digest my happiness)”. Ha…Now I felt a little more concerned and reported both the incidents to His mother. Well, this must have resulted in pruning of some channels or TV shows from his television hours, but the incidents helped me and my friend to burst into laughter, which was the most needed to break that pinching silence.

My friend called me a few days later and thanked me with all her heart. No doubt, the reason of this was beyond my comprehension. She continued, “You unknowingly have made me come out of that bullshit state in a week’s time. I was thinking of the incidents you told me the other day, and all of a sudden this song from the movie ‘The three idiots’ popped up on TV screen – ‘Jaisa filmo mein hota hai, ho raha hai hubahoo’. I could recall all the dialogues and drama that happened between me and him (her boy friend) were copy paste of some dialogues from some movie scenes here and there. The moment I could catch this, I was out of the whole painful melodrama. It is a different story that my whole anger has been shifted to the Bollywood and Hollywood.  It has been like God guiding me at each step to come out of the whole mess. Thanks to you!”.
I am not yet able to write a good conclusion for this one. But all I could wonder upon is ‘jaisa filmo mein hota hai, waisa hota hai hubahoo’.
I cannot resist but sharing this one!